Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy 2008!

I have a couple things to update about, I feel like its been a while since I've written here. The holidays have kept me busy, then I decided to do some major decluttering of my house, so I spent the last two weeks or so going through every single room - clearing out, donating and throwing things away. I'm almost finished...

First off, I have to say how exciting it is to be getting comments on this blog. :) Honestly, I wasn't sure anyone would even read it! Thank you!

On New Years Day, our local craft store had a sale on everything in the store so my daughter and I went and got some supplies for bird toys. It was fun, and we're looking forward to making some cool stuff. We received a bird toy magazine in the mail and kept it to get ideas from, once we have all the supplies we need.



A few of those toys were actually from the Bird Show we went to in November, but that's what we have so far! :)

I got an email from the breeder the other day, letting us know a picture of him is on their website! It's the one of him opening his Christmas presents - how sweet! I told her we are honored to be published. LOL

And now, just tonight, I got a wonderful surprise in my mail box. :) Note the "big bird" feathers! Here she is, amongst a bunch of Quaker babies:





The first thing I thought of when I saw these pictures, was the game on Sesame Street - "Which one of these things does not belong here? Which one of things are not the same?" LOL The last one cracks me up! Like he's hiding, not wanting to be seen with a bunch of Green Birds or something.

Everyone is very excited about the bird coming home and we talk about it all the time! If we are eating something, we talk about if its safe or not for the bird; we talk about respecting her space and reading her body language. A big topic recently was who was going to go to pick her up at the airport. We discuss what her perspective might be, coming to a new house with new people/sights/sounds, and how we'd want to be treated if we were in a similar situation. We even talk about what movies might be appropriate for her to watch! LOL

No comments: