Friday, January 11, 2008

Stories and backtracking...

The other day, my son saw the newest pics of our Baby Grey Bird, and he said to me "Oh, mom! Our baby is a girl!" And I said, "You think so?" He goes, "No, Mom...I can feel it!" Funny, I am thinking the same thing. :) This is the same boy who, upon finding out why birds regurgitate on their humans, said "Aw, Mom...I hope our bird throws up on me!" - with the biggest, most hopeful smile on his face! LOL

Got this from the breeder today:
So far your baby is not shy at all, LOVES to eat and is very insistent about eating right now when he is hungry, and very much enjoys snuggling with his toy you sent. Oh and one morning your baby cracked me up, I have a small toy that is bright beads with a wire through it shaped in a boing (round and round) with a bell on the bottom. One morning as I was fixing formula heard ring ring ring ring and went in and your baby was vigorously shaking that bell up and down back and forth like he was saying, "Come on, come on, I'm hungry!". I think he'll really enjoy toys.

We got a cage in September, back when I was still planning on getting a Blue Crown Conure. It was a great deal I found on Craigslist and couldn't pass it up and I'm so glad I got it, because that's one of the things that contributed to me entertaining the idea of getting a Grey, my dream bird.




I am SO ready for her to be here!!

2 comments:

Kimba's Corner said...

Hey great blog! When's the new addition due to arrive?

Anonymous said...

The earliest would be at the end of February. :)