Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Waiting, waiting, waiting...

I had been thinking the baby was a girl since it hatched, but I'm not feeling as sure anymore. So I started thinking about boys names and decided on a different name that I like even more than the original one I thought I'd use. As soon as I saw it, I immediately thought "Yes! That's IT!". It follows all of the silly name rules I have, plus there are little personal connections - I love when that happens!

It's Zaki, pronounced "zak-ee". It's African for "lion's prowess".

- he's an "African" Grey ;0
- I'm a Leo :)
- its two syllables, like I wanted
- it has hard consonants so it should be easy for him to say
- Z is one of my preferred letters
- I can think of a ton of nicknames right off the top of my head
- it sounds strong, but its super cute at the same time! :)

Yesterday I went to Home Depot and got some rope to make a climbing net. The kids and I tried to knot it together, but it didn't go well. I have no idea what I'm doing! I need someone to show me, I can't do it from reading directions. Plus, I found out it may be treated with chemicals or something, even though it says its not.

I'm waiting for some updated pictures. I can't wait to see how much s/he has grown over the past couple weeks!

No comments: